Report An Absence
Parent/Guardian Notification of Absences
Parents/guardians must notify the Attendance Office if their student will be absent for any reason within 24 hours of the absence. If not reported within 24 hours, the absence may not be excused. The preferred method for reporting an absence/tardy is via email at email@example.com. You can also report by calling 303-289-8088 for a 24-hour answering machine to report an absence (for Main Campus dial ext. 101 and for North Campus dial ext. 502). When reporting an absence, please leave the following information: name and phone number of person reporting the absence as well as student name/grade and reason for the absence.
The most common way for The Academy to communicate an absence to a parent/guardian is through the automated message system. We encourage parents to use their cell phones as the primary contact number for these automated messages. A letter may be mailed if a student has multiple absences. Parents, please refer to the Student & Parent Handbook for missed assignments and make-up work policy. Parents are encouraged to contact your student's teacher(s) regarding missing assignments and make up work.
● Suspensions (in school or out of school)
● School activity (field trip, school athletic participation, etc.)
● Court mandated appointments or appearances
Excused Absences (with proper documentation):
● A student who is temporarily ill or injured (including medical appointments)
● A student whose absence is approved by a parent/guardian or by school administration
● A student who is absent for an extended period due to physical, mental, or emotional disability
● Any absence that is not reported
● Excessive unexcused absences may prompt outreach from school administration