Applying for a place at The Academy
The Charter School Lottery System
New students can enroll to attend The Academy through an open lottery process. Prospective students are processed in a random lottery where each candidate has an equal chance of being selected. The Academy does not make any distinction on account of ability, race, creed, color, gender, national origin, or religion of any student who seeks admission.
- When do we apply for the lottery?
- How many students are in the lottery pool?
- How will I know if my student's name comes up in the lottery?
- What happens if we are not offered a spot?
- If we are unsuccessful, will our names remain on file for next year?
- Do we have to reapply every year once we have a place?
- Is anyone exempt from the lottery process?