Individualized Career and Academic Plans (ICAP) are intended to help students create and implement postsecondary plans throughout high school. The Academy develops and supports ICAP in many ways, including individual pathways meetings with students and families, classroom guidance lessons, Naviance Student and providing access to the PSAT & SAT.
- In grades 9-11, Pathways meeting occur once a year with counselor, student and family. As a team, credits, grades, postsecondary plans and future courses are discussed.
- In 12th grade, counselors with with seniors and their families to hold a Senior Meeting. This meeting details each student's individual postsecondary plan.
- Counselors present college and career classroom guidance lessons several times throughout the school year.
- All 7-12 Academy students are provided with a Naviance account where they can explore college and career options. Students use their Academy email address to login and create their own password by clicking "Forgot Password?"
- Students typically take the PSAT starting in 8th grade. All 11th grade students take the SAT in April at no cost.