Pre-K is operating IN PERSON at this time
There are 2 slots available! Please contact Amy Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in applying.
PRE-KINDERGARTEN AT THE ACADEMY
PRE-K IS A TUITION BASED PROGRAM
HOURS AND TUITION
Pre-K follows all school breaks and holidays.
There is no school or Cub Care on school breaks, holidays or on field trip days
We offer Full Day programming- 7:45- 2:55 $850 a month (includes breakfast, lunch, snack)
Full Day students have a 1 to 2 hour nap time
Activity fee- all students must pay a $25 activity fee to cover field trips and outreach events such as when the museum comes to our school.
CUB CARE (Prices subject to change)
The Academy Pre-K offers a “before and after” care program for pre-k students only called "Cub Care." The fee for Cub Care is a flat rate fee which will not be pro-rated based on the number of days your child accesses care. Cub Care will be offered on a first come, first serve basis. The options for Cub Care are:
- FULL DAY students may access Cub Care for an extra $200.00 a month.
Hours available for Cub Care are from 7:00 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. and from 2:55 to 5:30. CUB CARE STUDENTS MUST BE PICKED UP BY 5:30.
- Late fees will be charged for late pick up (see policies)
Please be aware that no one under the age of 18 will be allowed to pick children up from school or Cub Care.
ELIGIBILITY & ENROLLMENT
Our staff is highly qualified in Early Childhood Education and are dedicated to providing rich, developmentally appropriate experiences for each student.
The focus of our program includes the following:
- Independence skills
- Social skills
- Cognitive development
- Motor development
- Language development
- Creating a love of learning
- All kindergarten readiness skills
The academic areas that will be included in our Integrated Storybook curriculum which is based on state Early Learning and Developmental Guidelines are:
- Literacy-Books, songs, finger plays, felt board
- Social & emotional skill building-Role play, discussions, songs, incentive systems, personal accountability
- Science -Experiments, weather, nature, magnets, exploring properties of materials
- Math - Manipulatives, measuring tools, counting, patterns, shapes, graphing, number values
- Phonemic Awareness/Oral Motor - Listening skills, rhyming, alliteration, strengthening oral muscles and oral coordination
- Writing –Strengthening, tripod grasp, strokes, crossing mid-line
- Social Studies- We study a culture each month, students learn how to say hello and goodbye in that language and many other traditions and customs of that culture.
Click on the link to access the policies for Pre-K at The Academy: HERE
You may now purchase uniforms at Target, Old Navy and Kohls too! Click here for uniform information