PRE-KINDERGARTEN AT THE ACADEMY
PRE-K IS A TUITION BASED PROGRAM
HOURS AND TUITION
Pre-K follows all school breaks and holidays.
There is no school or Cub Care on school breaks, holidays or on field trip days
Full Day- 7:45- 2:55 $800 a month (includes breakfast, lunch, snack)
Full Day students have a 1 to 2 hour nap time
Half Day- a.m. 7:45-10:45 $400/month, p.m. 11:55-2:55 $400/month
Activity fee- all students must pay a $25 activity fee to cover field trips and outreach events such as when the museum comes to our school.
CUB CARE (Prices subject to change)
The Academy Pre-K program offers a “before and after” care program for pre-k students only called "Cub Care." The fee for Cub Care is a flat rate fee which will not be pro-rated based on the number of days your child accesses care. Cub Care will be offered on a first come, first serve basis. The options for Cub Care are:
- FULL DAY students may access Cub Care for an extra $100.00 a month.
Hours available for Cub Care are from 7:00 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. and from 2:55 to 5:30. CUB CARE STUDENTS MUST BE PICKED UP BY 5:30.
- MORNING HALF DAY students may access Cub Care for an extra $100.00 a month. Hours available for a.m. Cub Care are from 7:00 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. CHILDREN MUST BE PICKED UP BY 10:45 a.m.
- AFTERNOON HALF DAY students may access Cub Care for an extra $100.00 a month. Hours available for p.m. Cub Care are from 2:55 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
CUB CARE STUDENTS MUST BE PICKED UP BY 5:30.
- Late fees will be charged for late pick up (see policies)
- THERE ARE NO PROVISIONS FOR CHILDREN BETWEEN THE MORNING AND AFTERNOON SESSIONS.
Please be aware that no one under the age of 18 will be allowed to pick children up from school or Cub Care.
ELIGIBILITY & ENROLLMENT
- Children must be 4 years old by October 1st to be eligible to enroll in our PreK.
- The Academy does not test at the pre-k level for early access into school.
- To enroll your child in our program, you must apply by entering a lottery. The lottery opens annually for applications in September. You may access the lottery application on our main web page by clicking "About The Academy," then click "Enrollment Information", then scroll down to the lottery link. If your child is selected randomly by the lottery, he/she will then be eligible to enroll and you will be contacted by the Pre-K staff in February. The lottery closes annually on January 15th. If you do not have your child entered into the lottery by January 15th, your option is to contact the director and ask to be put on a waiting list which will be utilized once the lottery list has been exhausted.
Our staff is highly qualified in Early Childhood Education and are dedicated to providing rich, developmentally appropriate experiences for each student.
The focus of our program includes the following:
- Independence skills
- Social skills
- Cognitive development
- Motor development
- Language development
- Creating a love of learning
- All kindergarten readiness skills
The academic areas that will be included in our Integrated Storybook curriculum which is based on state Early Learning and Developmental Guidelines are:
- Literacy-Books, songs, finger plays, felt board
- Social & emotional skill building-Role play, discussions, songs, incentive systems, personal accountability
- Science -Experiments, weather, nature, magnets, exploring properties of materials
- Math - Manipulatives, measuring tools, counting, patterns, shapes, graphing, number values
- Phonemic Awareness/Oral Motor - Listening skills, rhyming, alliteration, strengthening oral muscles and oral coordination
- Writing –Strengthening, tripod grasp, strokes, crossing mid-line
- Social Studies- We study a culture each month, students learn how to say hello and goodbye in that language and many other traditions and customs of that culture.
Click on the link below to access the policies for Pre-K at The Academy: HERE
for the 2018-2019 school supply list:
You may now purchase uniforms at Target, Old Navy and Kohls too! Click here for uniform information